Coconut oil kills more than 93% of colon cancer cells.
50% of coconut oil is composed of lauric acid, and now a study has shown that this acid is capable of kill to more than 93% of cancer cells of acolon cancer human in only 48 hours.
Lauric acid is the key.
In addition to killing cancer cells, lauric acid also causes a strong activation of oxidative stressas it reduces the levels of glutathione (a compound that cancer cells need to protect themselves from oxidative stress).
Lauric acid is a medium chain triglyceride that is very difficult to find in our diets. We can find 2% lauric acid in fat in cow's milk, and 6% in fat in human milk, compared to high concentration of lauric acid in coconut oil.
Health benefits of coconut oil.
In addition to the anticancer potential of coconut oil's lauric acid, there are many other health benefits that have been described:
- Kill viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites naturally.
- Helps digestion and liver metabolism.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Improves skin health and enables faster wound healing when applied topically.
- It is beneficial in diabetes.
- Increases HDL cholesterol levels.
- It helps in weight loss and appears to reduce abdominal fat.
Many clinical trials are currently investigating its benefits for improving cholesterol in patients with chronic heart disease, for controlling blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and for fighting Alzheimer's.
Fauser JK, Matthews GM, Cummins AG, Howarth GS. Chemotherapy (2013). More information.
- Mistletoe for colon cancer
- Grape seeds and colorectal cancer